Search This Blog

Math Cloud

Math Cloud
Thoughts on Elementary Math

Monday, July 25, 2011

Operations with Decimals - 1510

Fractions and decimals always throw me for a loop - like I've mentioned before, I'm not very good at math, nor have I been using it much since I'm out of grade school. At least, I haven't been using it much without using my calculator or simply Googling the answer. When I recently was asked to multiply and divide decimals, I had kind of forgotten that I even use those operations, but I sure do! The grocery store or other retail shops are the most common places I use them.

Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing are all operations that can be done with decimal numbers. I am a HUGE fan of videos to help me understand things, and I also really enjoy finding tips or tricks that help me remember how or when to do something. This is especially true for math. Here is a video that covers the different operations with decimals and also offers neat tricks, like "drop like a rock", which you will see:

No comments:

Post a Comment